Following the recommendations of the independent Low Pay Commission, the government will increase the NLW for individuals aged 23 and over by 6.6% from 1 April 2022. The government has also accepted the recommendations for the other NMW rates to be increased.
From 1 April 2022, the hourly rates of NLW and NMW will be:
- £9.50 for those 23 years old and over
- £9.18 for 21-22 year olds
- £6.83 for 18-20 year olds
- £4.81 for 16-17 year olds
- £4.81 apprentice rate for apprentices under 19, and those 19 and over in their first year of apprenticeship.
Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us if you have any queries with regards to the new minimum wage or any other payroll queries.